Royaume-Uni - Cambridge
dès que possible
de 6 à 12 mois
Echion Technologies - Superfast charging batteries
Echion Technologies is a high-growth company which spun out of the University of Cambridge (UK) in 2017 to commercialising superfast charging lithium-ion battery cells. The core technology is based on novel anode active materials.
Echion Tech is working with a strong network of partners to bring its technology to the market, and is on track to become a key player in the advanced battery material landscape. We are a young, ambitious, and well-funded startup in a high-growth phase, looking for like-minded people to be part of our journey.
Stage - Chimie des matériaux pour applications batteries
You will be a member of the materials development team, working on development and scale-up of new battery materials with various processes. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the technical and operational direction of the company, with potential for a future position in Echion Tech. Achieving your goals will be challenging but immensely rewarding, and you will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, autonomy, perseverance and dedication as part of the team.
- Operate our laboratory and pilot plant materials manufacturing facilities to produce and characterise new materials, on a daily basis
- Summarise and present results, plan future experiments, analyse data, and propose new innovations
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments, including academic papers and patents
- Work with the Materials Team to optimise material design and quality to meet battery performance targets
- Deliver required quantities of high-quality battery materials for scale-up projects through in-house manufacturing
- Continuously improve the materials lab setup, materials production, and material characterisation process
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Masters degree or PhD in the field of Materials Science, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or similar (placement students as part of their studies will also be considered)
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in experimental physical sciences R&D, whether part of academic studies or industrial work
- Familiar with key materials science concepts and techniques, e.g. SEM, XRD, TGA, Raman etc.
- Experience in following health and safety regulations such as COSHH and risk assessments
- Experience in independently running laboratory experiments
- Experience in battery materials development
- Experience working to strict deadlines and high-quality standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Hard-working and highly self-motivated
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Excellent ability to work as part of a diverse international team
- Position is available full-time from June 2020, for 6 – 12 months in the first instance.
- Based in Sawston, Cambridge, UK
- In-depth training will be provided
- This internship is funded by Echion Tech
Jean de La Verpilliere
Unit 9 Cambridge South, West Way
CB22 3FG Sawston, Cambridge