Cluster Management Intern (H/F)
Stage - Tourisme / Hôtellerie
entre aujourd'hui et octobre 2019
de 6 à 12 mois
Emerald est une société de gestion hôtelière basée à Genève et exploitant plusieurs établissements haut de gamme (hôtels, villas, chalets) aux concepts contemporains, en montagne, en station balnéaire, en France et à l’étranger. Elle intervient dans le domaine financier, commercial, administratif et technique de chacun des produits et est forte de projets ambitieux de développement dans les années à venir.
Emerald a été fondée par des anciens cadres de l’industrie hôtelière, immobilière et financière et exploitera d’ici 2020 environ 150 propriétés.
Nous cultivons l’esprit d’équipe et entrepreneurial ainsi que le suivi de nos talents : les perspectives d’évolution au sein du groupe sont de mise.
Emerald is a Swiss tech-enabled hospitality management company focussing on premium properties and boutique hotels across Europe. To homeowners, we offer an end-to-end solution to monetise their asset in total peace of mind, harnessing the powers of technology, data science and top industry talents.
On the other end of our business, we offer a community of global travellers and businesses the intimacy of small premium properties across multiple destinations with Swiss hospitality and local experiences.
Emerald was founded by finance, real estate and hospitality tech professionals, and is backed by influential international investors. We have offices in Geneva and Barcelona.
Cluster Management Intern
As Cluster Management Intern in the Portes du Soleil,
Your role will entail the following:
- Management / development
- Relationship with the management team at our headquarters in Geneva
- Responsibility of the Portes du Soleil cluster (Morzine – Les Gets)
- Responsibility of the Emerald brand presence in the Portes du Soleil
- Implementation of new partnerships and packaged offers with local companies
- Market studies and search of potential new home leads
- Assisting the management team in onboarding new homes (inventory, photoshoot, etc.)
- Quality management
- Quality control in our homes before every check-in and after every check-out
- Linen management: inventory, storage and orders
- Collecting and controlling the quality of clean linen
- Arranging dirty linen for laundry pick-up
- Cleaning coordination in our homes with our housekeeping partner
- Post-cleaning checks and ongoing training of our housekeeping partner
- Inventory management (Nuxe® amenities, Nespresso® capsules, etc.)
- Minor maintenance interventions in the homes (changing bulbs, replacing broken glasses, etc.)
- Monitoring and coordination of all major maintenance work with partners (water heater repair, etc.)
- Responsibility of the cleaning and security of our sites, including the wellness area (indoor pool, hammam, sauna, outdoor hot tub and gym)
- Recommendations on the optimization of our operational processes
- Guest relations management
- Coordination of special needs in the homes, based on notes in our Property Management System (VIP guest, birthday cake, baby cot, etc.)
- Visiting guests in-homes and personalizing our services
- Selling and coordinating extra services (grocery delivery, home chef, airport transfers, etc.)
- Relationship with external partners
- Intervention in case of emergency with guests (who cannot access their homes for some reason for instance)
Key information on the Internship
- Beginning of the internship : July / August 2019
- Length of the internship: 6-12 months
- Internship based in Morzine with frequent trips to Les Gets and other neighboring towns (all within 15 minutes by car)
- Accommodation is provided
- Meals are not provided
- Driving license and a car are mandatory (mileage allowances)
- Personal laptop to be provided by the intern
- Monthly salary to be discussed: we offer a fixed salary and a variable bonus based on performance
- Work days and work hours may vary, we work in hospitality
- Autonomous and entrepreneur
- Good stress management
- Flexible, mature, open-minded and positive
- Good level of English and French
- Ideally, work experience in 4* or 5* hotels at the front office, in housekeeping or guest relations
- Passionate about hospitality, guest services and innovation in the industry
- Make Mistakes - We foster a creative environment where the best ideas win, where it is okay to make mistakes and unacceptable not to learn from them.
- Question - We don't accept the status quo and look for ways to leverage technology while empowering people.
- Speak Up - We are true people who give honest feedback, who are not afraid to share opinions and who don't talk behind one's back.
- Think Big - While staying humble, we aim for the stars and work towards established goals and metrics.
- Don’t Compromise - We are obsessed with quality, like a Swiss watchmaker.
- Care - We care about our team members, our partners and our clients, and make our passion and our work one and the same.