Guesthouse Assistant - H/F
Stage - Tourisme / Hôtellerie
Welcome to InternAfrika, a Cape Town-based company offering internship programs for international students.
InternAfrika (http://internafrika.com) gives you the opportunity to gain real work experience whilst discovering South Africa. Through our experience and vast local network, we can offer you a tailor-made internship based on your profile, personal goals and interests.
We offer more than just an internship: it is an immersive experience in which we support our interns, enable them to find fitting work experience and help them grow as individuals. Our local team will support you from the moment you register, to your arrival in Cape Town and throughout your internship.
We start by assisting you to find the best choice of internship, based on your requirements, qualifications and the type of person you are. On request, we will also assist with the visa process, as well as a range of other handy services such as: helping you find suitable accommodation, car rental and provide a wide range of touristic experiences, etc.
Our aim is to help you develop your skills and succeed in both your professional and personal life, in the unique and amazing city of Cape Town.
Our partner is a 4 stars’ guesthouse managed by a French couple located in Cape Town city center, working with a total of 6 employees and an intern, and with an annual turnover of 2 million Rands.
The guesthouse is currently searching for an intern to assist them with the administrative and marketing tasks. The internship is for a 6 months’ length and from July 2018.
The intern will be:
- Defining the marketing strategy of the guesthouse.
- Working on guesthouse’s social media as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Working on administrative tasks such as phoning & mailing customers, bookings, invoices.
- Caretaking services: Being able to give advices or any information to any potential or actual customers, and book reservation for restaurants, guided tours, private visits.
- Public relations.
The intern will need to:
- Be forthcoming, smiling and with a positive attitude.
- Good at Excel and Word.
- Bac+2 minimum.
- Good English level: minimum B2, but preferably C1. (regular contact with international customers via email and phone)
- Punctual and presenting him/herself well.
The intern will work from 9am to 6pm (not more than 40h/week), some few times when customer’s late arrival from 4pm to 00am, with two days off per week.
The gratification is 2500 Rands per months, accommodation is not provided.
Agency fees of 850€.