VIE LEGAL (JURISTE) - London- H/F
VIE - Droit
Avec plus de 16 000 collaborateurs dans 36 pays, Natixis est la banque internationale de financement, de gestion et de services financiers du Groupe BPCE, 2e acteur bancaire en France.
Pour répondre aux enjeux spécifiques des entreprises, institutions financières et investisseurs institutionnels, nous leur apportons des solutions personnalisées. Nous concevons également des produits et services adaptés à la clientèle des réseaux du Groupe BPCE.
Pour cela, nous mobilisons les expertises complémentaires de nos métiers cœurs : Banque de Grande Clientèle, Épargne et Services Financiers Spécialisés.
Natixis Global Asset Management is the global asset management organization of Natixis, which is the corporate, investment management and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE. The firm ranks as one of the largest asset management companies in the world1 with more than 20 investment management affiliates in the U.S., Europe and Asia ("IM Affiliates").
Natixis Global Asset Management distributes the investment expertise and products of its IM Affiliates through a centralized distribution platform. Natixis Global Asset Management - US is responsible for the US asset gathering efforts and Natixis Global Asset Management - International ("NGAMI") is responsible for all non-US asset gathering efforts.
NGAMI markets and distributes the investment expertise of its IM Affiliates to investors in Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. NGAMI also sponsors and distributes commingled investment products domiciled in Lux, Ireland and the UK that are managed by its IM Affiliates. NGAMI has over a dozen marketing offices around the world, referred to as business development units ("BDUs"), while the NGAMI senior management and core support teams are centralized, primarily in Paris, London and Boston.
VIE LEGAL (JURISTE) - London- H/F
The VIE will work very closely with NGAMI Legal team members as regards supporting the firm's activities, licensing and products in Europe and the Middle East. The candidate will support the firm's funds and their registrations in numerous jurisdictions around the world.
The fund ranges are domiciled across five different locations (Luxembourg, Ireland, the UK, Japan and Australia) and certain of these funds are registered in up to 18 different countries including most European countries, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Chile and Peru.
- Assist and support legal colleagues within the team on a wide variety of legal or regulatory matters relating to the development of NGAMI's distribution and asset management activities in Europe ;
- Assist in the implementation of a contract management system, or the appointment of other new legal service providers or new systems, which are considered in order to increase efficiencies within the Legal department or wider organization ;
- Draft and file notification letters with home regulators via the UCITS cross-border notification process ;
- Coordinate the drafting and filing of local fund supplement documentation with the home regulator ;
- Ensure effective internal communication regarding regulatory changes, new fund, product changes, registrations and other legal department work ;
- Assist in the implementation of MiFID II or other regulatory changes across the NGAMI business, which could include the amendment of a large volume of investment management, distribution or other contractual arrangements ;
- Be a key, day-to-day contact regarding the funds and their registration matters for business colleagues, sales staff, lawyers, translators and other service providers ;
- Review, mark up and negotiate a wide variety of contracts including distribution, rebate, paying agency and other agreements for fund's domiciled in various jurisdictions, including sub-custody account opening documentation, Powers of Attorney etc ;
- Prepare reports and update materials on a variety of legal matters for General Counsel, Head of Legal, board and committee meetings (as necessary);
- Coordinate with internal team and draft responses to technical legal questions and comments raised by regulatory bodies as regards the registration of funds. This would include interactions with regulatory bodies for funds domiciled in various jurisdictions as well as those for Asian fund registrations and other similarly complex jurisdictions e.g. Hong Kong ;
- Assist with an ongoing review of all legal department processes and procedures and help generate ideas to refine and enhance all processes and implement efficiencies.
Law degree or equivalent ;
- English fluent ;
- Experience working in a law firm or in house legal department would be preferable but not mandatory. Previous work experience in an asset manager or regulator would also be beneficial ;
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as build effective relationships across various departments within a large and diverse organization in an international environment ;
- Must be business-focused, with a strong work ethic and the ability to learn both quickly and in depth about subjects that will help the team perform more efficiently and effectively ;
- Must possess sufficient sophistication to relate to team members of all levels, as well as be able to work closely with clients, senior management, outside counsel and representatives of affiliated companies.