Application Development Engineer - Ingénieur Développement Web - Anwendung Development Engineer
CDI - Informatique - Développement
Application Development Engineer
Ingénieur Développement Web
Anwendung Development Engineer
Company:YPSYS Automation SA is a Swiss medium size company based in Geneva area.
Today, our business line dedicated to MES/MOM solution integration is quickly growing in Switzerland, France and Europe and we need new resources to strengthen our team.
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System) implementation
- Industrial performance and energy efficiency management
Targeted industrial sectors:
- Food and beverage
- Medical devices
- Plastic injection...
Job description:We are looking for motivated engineers, eager to learn, developing a passion for exchange, who will be requested to build highly customized MES solutions in close collaboration with YPSYS's team and our customers.
After an initial training and hand-over period of practice in a test environment, you will directly interact with customers under the guidance of an experienced collaborator.
In this challenging role, you will have to:
- Develop custom functionalities and standard modules in the environment of our MES platform, based on functional specifications provided by integration engineers
- Write design specifications for the development in accordance with the quality standards
- Collaborate with the solution architect and colleagues on various tasks, according to Agile Development Methodology
- Report to the scrum manager on developments
- Produce documentation necessary for quality management
- Perform unit tests and create related documents
- Provide 2nd level technical support in collaboration with the support engineers
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Master web technologies such as:
- C# (class, interfaces, OOP) or one object-oriented language such as Java
- .NET, ASP.NET WEBFORMS or a Web language
- HTML / CSS
- MS SQL
- Having a knowledge of good practices for application development is an advantage (Agile, Scrum, GAMP methodologies)
- Moreover, a knowledge of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) or ERP would be highly appreciated
- English: Fluent (spoken and written)
- French: Fluent (spoken and written) for job located in Gland
- German: Fluent (spoken and written) for job located in Basel
Main expected soft skills:
- Methodic and self-organized
- Analytical, a ease with system design and problem-solving
- Ability to function in a distributed team and to work autonomously when required
- Strong sense of responsibility, team spirit and sense of initiative
- Ability to closely cooperate with the integration team while having a diplomatic constructive attitude with customers
- Autonomous, willing to travel and comfortable with working on-site
- Inquisitive mind, motivated to get new skills
- Aligned with YPSYS's core values: Careful listening, Respect, Dynamism, Involvement, Mutual Support, Spirit of initiative, Innovation, Continuous Improvement.
Other appreciated technical skills:
- Knowledge of communication with OPC client applications
- Knowledge of communication with industrial automation equipment
- B driving license
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work non-standard work hours