School Launcher - Southern or West Africa
CDD - Gestion de projets & Organisation
Enko Education is an Africa-wide fast-growing network of high quality international schools. The company has developed an innovative education model that prepares learners across Africa for admission to the world’s best universities institutions where Africa’s best and brightest are under-represented.
Enko Education’s model relies on the (i) international curricula, mainly the International Baccalaureate programmes (‘IB’) and/or the Cambridge International Examinations (‘Cambridge’); (ii) rich and superior learning experiences; and, (iii) a guidance counselling and university admissions programme.
So far, most of Enko graduates have been admitted to Top-100 world schools, including Yale, King’s College, Imperial College London, Sciences Po Paris, University of Toronto, University of Edinburgh and others. A significant proportion of them have received high partial or full scholarships from these institutions.
The Enko group currently comprises 8 schools, located in Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mozambique and South Africa, with the ambition to run 40-50 international schools across Africa by 2022. It is funded by Proparco (the French Development Agency), the private equity fund “Investisseurs & Partenaires” and the asset management company LiquidAfrica Holding.
Enko Education seeks outstanding School Launchers to manage the opening of our schools across Africa. This is an opportunity to expand a transformative school model that will impact the future of the continent’s youth.
We are now planning for:
September 2018 intake :
- Cotonou, Benin
- Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Bamako, Mali
January 2019 intake :
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Harare, Zimbabwe
(Launching countries are subject to change)
About the position
The School Launchers are the first persons from the Enko team to arrive in a country before a school starts. Their main responsibility is to autonomously lead all the operations on the ground before the Head of School's arrival and until the school opens.
The persons in charge will work closely with the Operations Manager and the Marketing & Communication Associate to achieve launches in different countries across the continent.
The School launchers will fully manage all aspects of school launches:
- Incorporate the Enko subsidiary ;
- Open a bank account ;
- Find and upgrade infrastructure ;
- Get the license from government to operate ;
- Recruit and train the support team ;
- Define and implement marketing strategies to recruit parents and students :
- Oversee media and social media campaigns ;
- Identify potential partners (feeder schools, companies) and sign partnerships ;
- Organise marketing events (visits of school premises, info-session, launch cocktail) ;
- Organise and oversee the enrolment process from first contact to admission and enrolment ;
- Source and buy school equipment and services ;
- Prepare arrival of the Head of School (HoS) ;
- Assist the HoS in recruiting the teaching team.
The person in charge will receive full support of the Enko Central office.
Launching a school is like launching a start-up: constant enthusiasm, can-do attitude, ability to adapt to the daily unexpected events are absolutely required. We are looking for well-rounded candidates, able to lead and run projects from start to end. No specific previous experience in education required, however, prior work experience in start-up and international environments, or other relevant positions, is an important asset.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on attitude ;
- Is self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision ;
- Is creative, proactive, takes initiatives and thinks about scale ;
- Is hardworking and has outstanding organizational skills, capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure ;
- Is willing to work in a startup environment where priorities can change from day to day ; is flexible and versatile ;
- Has good oral and written communication and presentation skills ;
- Is humble, seeking out feedback, internalizing it, and using it to self-improve ;
- Has the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures ;
- Has professional working proficiency in English and French or Portuguese ;
- Is proficient with basic Microsoft and Google software: Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive ;
- Has at least a Master’s degree from a renowned university ;
- Share our excitement to offer a top-notch education to the African middle-class ;
- Demonstrates passion and has previous working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Contract, location and timing
- Contract : Full-time position, end of studies internship accepted ;
- Location: Southern or West Africa ;
- Timing: The successful candidates should start by begining of 2018 although flexibility in the start date, duration can be discussed.